Dog rescued from burning house
Every firefighter knows that part of their job is risking their lives. These firefighters from Asheville, NC, sure imbibe this attitude after saving an eight-week-old puppy from a house fire. Mike Stageman, Joshua Adelle, Bentley Andres, and Zac Bass responded to a fire and saved the pooch named Hex.
The firefighters were right in time as they were able to save Hex. But even after protecting the pooch, Hex still incurred severe burns and smoke inhalation. According to the veterinarians, the damage would have been fatal if not for the swift action of the firefighters.
It took seven months to recover
It took Hex at least seven months to fully recover from the ordeal. But while it took some time, the dog sure knows how to show her gratitude to the four men who saved her life. Bass narrated how he was able to locate the whereabouts of Hex. In an interview, the firefighter said that when he saw the pooch, Hex was already lifeless.
What Bass did was to flag the other three firefighters to help him with the rescue. They then put oxygen on the dog and good thing, Hex responded. The dog rescued from the burning house was then brought to the Regional Emergency Animal Care Hospital (REACH), where she received medical treatment. Later on, she was transferred to the Animal Hospital of North Asheville (AHNA) because AHNA has better equipment for the dog’s needs.
Hex was not the only survivor of the fire. Her family also survived, but could not take the pooch under their care because they are now homeless. The family likewise could not afford the medical expenses of the pooch.
When the pooch fully recuperated, Hex was welcomed by her four rescuers. In a ceremony, the dog thanked the four firefighters by hugging them. It was a sweet moment for Hex and the firefighters, who decided to adopt the pooch for good. So the dog that got rescued from a burning house has a new home.
Hex is happy to be reunited with the fire crew that saved her from a house fire. After extensive treatment she seems not only healthy but happy!!
Posted by Asheville Fire Department on Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Credits to Asheville Fire Department.